I enjoy working with a wide variety of clients, including adolescents, families, and adults. I have extensive experience in assessing clinical concerns, diagnosis, therapy and consultation with medical professionals & educational staff.
I tailor my treatment approach to your unique needs. We can decide if short-term, solution focused therapy or longer term therapy best fits your situation, depending upon the goals we set together.
I will take time to get to know you as the individual you are, while assessing your daily challenges and current concerns in a non-judgmental environment. I will help you identify your internal strengths to use as a daily resource. I will actively guide you through exploring past wounds, reframing thoughts for a deeper understanding, and creating positive steps towards change.
• Anxiety treatment: OCD, Specific Fears/Phobias, Separation Anxiety, Panic Attacks, & Excessive Worrying.
• Eating disorders
• Parenting support & parent coaching
When working with children/teens, I have experienced faster progress when parents are involved in treatment. With young children, I include parents regularly in sessions to pass on skills taught to their child. I aim to develop a strong connection with my adolescent clients, allowing me to provide guidance through a difficult developmental stage. I find that therapy sessions focused on parent-teen communication improves family relationships and a well-timed parent session can make all the difference.
• Anxiety treatment: OCD, Generalized Anxiety, Specific Phobias, Panic Disorder
• Depression treatment
• Eating disorders (various stages of recovery)
• Woman issues: including infertility, pregnancy support and post-partum depression treatment
• Adjustment to life transitions (all phases of life)
• Grief & Loss work
• Parenting support (struggles with children, teens, and adult children)
• Improving physical health: using intuitive eating, exercise, and sustainable changes to create emotional balance in your life.
• Healthy relationship building
While I have highlighted some of my specialties, this is not a complete list. My 20 plus years of experience have provided me the competence to work treat a wide variety of mental health issues. Please call me for a free 20-minute consultation to see if I might be a good fit to work with you, your child, and/or your family.